Join this 3 week volunteering adventure to experience all that India has to offer. Volunteers will spend half of their time working at orphanages and the other half visiting India’s most famous attractions and experiencing a new culture. This project is supervised by in-country, professional staff who have been working with the project for many years. Participants should be ready for challenging work that will result in a rewarding experience.
What's not Included
India is the seventh largest country in the world and home to more than a billion people. It beautifully blends the past and the present together which can be seen in its rich culture, multiple religions, and magnificent architecture. The landscape is quite diverse, ranging from the snow-capped Himalayan Mountains to jungles and beaches.
Participants will have the chance to work with street children and orphans in Delhi and Palampur.The main focus for the volunteers will be to provide love and care for the children while engaging them in informal education and fun games. Volunteers will also help create a more home-like and enjoyable atmosphere by decorating the facilities and painting rooms.These small improvements will make a huge difference for the children that call these places home.
Daily activities can include:
- Informal English lessons and help with homework
- Fun and creative activities including drawing and coloring
- Playing recreational games with the children
- Painting rooms or creating decorations to brighten up the rooms
Please take note of the project's minimum requirements:
- Desire to work with children and experience a new culture
- Immunizations (consult your doctor)
- CV / Resume
- Must be at least 17 years old
- Basic level of English
Throughout the 3 week stay, volunteers will travel to many of India's fascinating cities and most popular attractions including:
- Visiting Delhi's famous India Gate, Swami Narayan Temple, Akshardham Temple, Lotus Temple and Humayun's Tomb
- The Golden Triange Tour includes a trip to the Taj Mahal and Jaipur's famous Johary Bazar
- Visiting Amristar's Golden Temple, Dalai Lama Temple and nearby waterfalls in Bhagsu
- A 2-day trek in the Himalayan Mountains
Add-on Week in Goa : If you are looking for a great conclusion to your program you can stay for an additional week in Goa. This is an idyllic holiday destination with white, sandy beaches - ideal for swimming and relaxing. You can enjoy the beaches or hire a motorbike and roam around the city as you wish. Please note that the beach extension week is unguided but Delhi-Goa travel tickets, airport/train station transfers, sightseeing and accommodation is provided.