In order to participate in one of our volunteer programs abroad, every participant will need both a passport issued by his/her country of citizenship as well as a tourist visa* issued by the country to which he/she will be traveling. The passport should be valid for at least 6 months from the expected date of return to your home country.

A visa for the country in which you choose to travel will need to be obtained by the volunteer. GoEco can provide guidance about how to do so for each particular country; however, we cannot obtain the visa on your behalf. For more information about specific requirements please contact the local consulate or embassy for the country of travel. You may also want to use this online resource:

*It is the sole responsibility of the participant to ensure that he/she has a valid passport and the appropriate visa for travel. Most volunteers should enter on a TOURIST visa, unless otherwise stated in the pre-departure documents.

visas goeco