Please note: This program is currently unavailable. Check out our other internship opportunities in Europe.
Explore Portugal as you complete a hospitality internship in its capital of Lisbon. Enhance your business management skills in a bustling hostel enivronment and have fun making new friends too!
- Enhance your business and hospitality skills in a fun environment
- Enhance your CV
- Brush up on your Portuguese with locals and hostel staff
- Engage with people from all over the world
- Easily explore the country on your days off
- Taste delicious wine on a wine tour or take a river cruise down the Douro River (for an additional fee)
Your Schedule at a Glance (Minimum four-week commitment):
Arrival Day, Monday: Arrive at Lisbon Portela Airport (LIS). Make your way to the hostel in central Lisbon and spend the day settling into your accommodation and new life in Portugal.
Days 2-7, Tuesday-Sunday: You will begin your internship on Tuesday and are expected to work around six to eight hours per day. Your tasks may include housekeeping, being a source of information to guests, food and beverage duties and other fun activities that you can suggest, if you think they will enrich the hostel guest’s experience.
Remaining Weeks: The remaining weeks will follow the schedule of doing your internship five days a week and having two days off. Use this time to explore Lisbon and it’s surrounds or soak in the Portuguese culture with lazy days and good food. Departures are on Monday. Note that your days off won't always fall on the weekend as the interns rotate on shifts throughout the week.
What's not Included
Interns will become an important reference point for guests and will therefore play in important role in ensuring guests enjoy their stay at the hostel. During your first week, you will primarily assist with housekeeping tasks. As you gain more experience and familiarize yourself with the hostel, you will take on other roles, including bartending. Some of your responsibilities may include:
- Welcoming and assisting guests at reception
- Answering questions about the local area
- Serving breakfast in the morning
- Bartending in the evenings
- Housekeeping tasks around the hostel
- The hostel also encourages interns to offer their own creative ideas or suggestions to improve the hostel experience.
You will work approximately 6-8 hours per day, 5 days a week. You will have 2 days off per week (not necessarily the weekend) to explore Lisbon or travel to other destinations. There are also a range of different tours and excursions that interns are encouraged to join.
Please note that activities and schedules can change at any time based on the needs of the project.
- Minimum age 18
- Good level of English
- Flexible and open-minded