AARP (formerly the American Association of Retired Persons) is a United States-based interest group whose stated mission is "to empower people to choose how they live as they age". According to the organization, it had more than 38 million members as of 2018. The magazine and bulletin it sends to its members are the two largest-circulation publications in the United States. AARP was founded in 1958 and it is an influential lobbying group in the United States focusing largely on issues affecting the elderly.
In their "5 Ideas for Volunteering with Animals" AARP recommends GoEco's Volunteer Abroad page. This is what they had to say - "Interested in seeing the world while making a difference in the lives of animals? You can sort by your area of interest and arrange to be a part of a guided volunteer trip with goeco.org. The ecotourism organization offers integrated language programs and trips designed for people of all ages. It’s also helped thousands of volunteers make a difference since 2006."
- Programs Open Now
- Wildlife and Animal Conservation
- Marine and Coral Reef Conservation
- Community Aid and Development
- Most Affordable Volunteer Programs
- International Internships
- Medical and Healthcare
- Volunteer with Children
- Teach English Abroad
- Learn Spanish and Volunteer
- 50+ Volunteering
- Family Volunteer Vacations
- Teens and High School Students
- Sustainability Initiative - Free Week Abroad