I loved working in the garden, Shlomo was a great teacher. It was lovely being able to spend a few hours under the sun, working with such beautiful flowers; especially since I come from a big city! The plants grown in the greenhouse are also grown by the students, and they later sell them to raise money for the school. I also got to work with the animals, which was my favorite part. The school has chickens, geese, ducks, rabbits, birds, chinchillas, and more that I’m sure I’ve forgotten. I loved my baby goats the most!.
When I looked into the details of the project, the description explained that I would be working in a therapeutic garden. I wasn't too sure what this meant... but it sounded like a unique challenge that I could immerse myself in. I soon found out that this garden was less about the flowers and plants, and more about the people. I was fortunate enough to have kindhearted and soft-spoken managers that taught me how to work with the nature and children simultaneously.
- Wildlife and Animal Conservation
- Marine and Coral Reef Conservation
- Medical and Healthcare
- Community Aid and Development
- Teach English Abroad
- Volunteer with Children
- International Internships
- Most Affordable Volunteer Programs
- Volunteer Vacations and Tours
- Learn Spanish and Volunteer
- Special Offers
- Teens and High School Students
- Family Volunteer Vacations
- 50+ Volunteering