The first day of the plain count I remember looking over the list of the 30 or so wild animals. I thought, “Yea right, like we are really going to see all these? I doubt it!” Then I thought, “How am I supposed to count something I have never heard of before in my entire life?” Each creature was pointed out and explained in vivid detail to us. I had seen more beautiful creatures on that day than I had ever seen in any zoo anywhere. And I have been to quite a lot of zoos in my life. I was shocked, excited and ready for more.
Our purpose there was to assist in the data collection of a variety of species, including elephants, rhino, lions, leopards, birds of prey, and many others, to give to conservation organizations that protect these animals and their environments. Without the help of volunteers, the staff wouldn’t be able to collect and maintain all of the information that they need.
- Wildlife and Animal Conservation
- Marine and Coral Reef Conservation
- Community Aid and Development
- Volunteer with Children
- International Internships
- Most Affordable Volunteer Programs
- Volunteer Vacations and Tours
- Learn Spanish and Volunteer
- Family Volunteer Vacations
- 50+ Volunteering
- Teens and High School Students
- Medical and Healthcare
- Special Offers
- Teach English Abroad