I’ve traveled to farms to work with livestock, injecting, de-horning, pregnancy testing and artificially inseminating. I spent a lot of time in the townships, getting to know the locals – dogs and children! It was refreshing to be in community that valued love and kindness over materialistic items. We dipped the dogs (and many puppies!) for fleas, ticks and mange, de-wormed, vaccinated, and injected antibiotics to treat illnesses and injuries.
The other task was acting as a cultural guide… this was definitely the best of the three jobs! Every day I got to organize a different cultural activity around the city and all over Catalonia! This meant that I led a group of guests around showing them the sights while I, myself, got subsidized admission to all the fantastic places! Better yet, because I worked at the hostel, I got discounted tour trips all around Spain!
- Wildlife and Animal Conservation
- Marine and Coral Reef Conservation
- Community Aid and Development
- Volunteer with Children
- International Internships
- Most Affordable Volunteer Programs
- Volunteer Vacations and Tours
- Learn Spanish and Volunteer
- Teens and High School Students
- Family Volunteer Vacations
- 50+ Volunteering
- Teach English Abroad
- Special Offers
- Medical and Healthcare