Teach English Abroad
Our global English education projects include:
- Providing English language enrichment through group conversations or one-on-one practice
- Conducting English classes in a varied and dynamic way
- Playing games, singing songs, watching movies - making English fun
- Teaching lessons in English vocabulary, grammar and spelling
A truly memorable experience was refereeing two days of soccer. The monks truly love the sport and had a 2 day schoolhouse tournament, which I was requested to referee. The youngest monks were the spectators and cheerleaders, beating plastic bottles and plastic drums, cheering their houses on.They played on a small pitch dug out of the side of (literally) a mountain, the ground was dirt and the goals made out of metal poles. In two hours of soccer, I think I only had to give a single foul, which to me exemplifies the spirit of comradeship and gregarious nature of these incredible people.
In addition to the teaching, I got to work at an orphanage in Kathmandu. I cannot explain the affect of those astoundingly beautiful children. Just to hold a child in need of a hug. To feel a hand slip so readily into yours simply to feel love and affection freely given. To feel special to someone. It bursts your heart. Their delight in each other and what little they have is truly inspiring and I will never forget them.
As of now, we’ve spent five days giving lectures at that particular kindergarten. Consider the fact that they never had a English lecture before. But, writing this, some of them can already scream out A-G, 1-15 and about seven colors. It’s pretty amazing, since most are SO young that they barely know how to talk in Laos, let alone a second language. Progress, WHOO! I’m so impressed with the speed in which these kids can pick up on any info you throw at them. They’re my cute little sponges.
- Wildlife and Animal Conservation
- Marine and Coral Reef Conservation
- Community Aid and Development
- International Internships
- Most Affordable Volunteer Programs
- Volunteer Vacations and Tours
- Learn Spanish and Volunteer
- Family Volunteer Vacations
- 50+ Volunteering
- Teens and High School Students
- Medical and Healthcare
- Special Offers
- Teach English Abroad
- Volunteer with Children