Teach English Abroad
GoEco offers a wide selection of programs focused on teaching English to children and adults. In countries like Nepal, Thailand and Peru, standard English teaching is quite poor and does not afford students the opportunity to attain real proficiency in the language, which might become a professional obstacle in their adult life. Our volunteers are actively involved in encouraging and inspiring their students, ensuring that they are confident and articulate.
Our global English education projects include:
- Providing English language enrichment through group conversations or one-on-one practice
- Conducting English classes in a varied and dynamic way
- Playing games, singing songs, watching movies - making English fun
- Teaching lessons in English vocabulary, grammar and spelling
A truly memorable experience was refereeing two days of soccer. The monks truly love the sport and had a 2 day schoolhouse tournament, which I was requested to referee. The youngest monks were the spectators and cheerleaders, beating plastic bottles and plastic drums, cheering their houses on.They played on a small pitch dug out of the side of (literally) a mountain, the ground was dirt and the goals made out of metal poles. In two hours of soccer, I think I only had to give a single foul, which to me exemplifies the spirit of comradeship and gregarious nature of these incredible people.
In addition to the teaching, I got to work at an orphanage in Kathmandu. I cannot explain the affect of those astoundingly beautiful children. Just to hold a child in need of a hug. To feel a hand slip so readily into yours simply to feel love and affection freely given. To feel special to someone. It bursts your heart. Their delight in each other and what little they have is truly inspiring and I will never forget them.
- Wildlife and Animal Conservation
- Marine and Coral Reef Conservation
- Community Aid and Development
- Volunteer with Children
- International Internships
- Most Affordable Volunteer Programs
- Volunteer Vacations and Tours
- Learn Spanish and Volunteer
- Teens and High School Students
- Family Volunteer Vacations
- 50+ Volunteering
- Medical and Healthcare
- Teach English Abroad
- Special Offers